Please complete the following work during the school closure.
Any queries please contact Ms. O’Brien at email@example.com
2nd Year English: Please click HERE to access your Class Notebook
3rd Year English: Please click HERE to access your Class Notebook
5th Year English: Please click HERE to access your Class Notebook
6th Year English: Please click HERE to access your Class Notebook
Second Year English
Wednesday: Page 33, 34, 35 in portfolio on Act 2 Scene 3
Thursday: Re-Read Act 2 Sc 4 and complete page 36 in portfolio
Friday: Re-Read Act 2 Sc 5 and complete page 37 in portfolio
Monday: Re-Read Act 2 Sc 6 and complete page 38 in portfolio
Tuesday: Page 39 & 40 in portfolio – Revision Quiz
Wednesday: Revision of Quotes on pg 41 & 42
Thursday: Read Act 3 Sc 1 and the scene summary and complete pg 43 of portfolio
Friday: Collection of Texts (Preparing for CBA2)
- Write your version of Act 3 Scene 1.
- Include stage directions and notes for your actors on facial expressions, body language and use of props.
3rd Year English
Using the exam papers, complete the following questions:
Wednesday: Page 18 & 19
Thursday: Page 31 & 32
Friday: page 33-34
Monday: page 36-39
Tuesday: page 40-41
Wednesday & Thursday: page 43-45
Friday: page 46
5th Year English
Wednesday: Re-Read Act 2 Scene 1 and make notes on social setting and relationships
Thursday: Compare Act 2 Scene 1 to the confrontation between Eilis and Ms. Kelly in “Brooklyn”. How are these key moments similar/different?
Friday: Go back through the play and compile a list of quotations, at least 3, for each of these characters:
- Sister Virginia
- Mother Victoria
Monday: Complete the comprehension on Class Notebook
Tuesday: Complete the exam question on Class Notebook
Wednesday: Make a timeline of the key moments in “Eclipsed”
Thursday and Friday: Pick one of the essay titles on Class Notebook and plan your response. Write it and reach 3-4 pages.
6th Year English
Monday – Wednesday:
- Use revision sheet to organise your thoughts on Wordsworth (Theme/Language/Style)
- Plan (paragraph by paragraph) your essay.
- Write Wordsworth essay and upload to Class Notebook
Thursday & Friday:
- Read samples on Class Notebook and make notes on features of language/genre
- Answer Part B questions on Class Notebook
Monday & Tuesday
- Watch “Hamlet” through the link of Class Notebook and answer the questions
- Read the sample answer on comparative (Theme) and begin planning a comparative response on the question posted.
Thursday & Friday
- Do questions on Unseen Poetry in Class Notebook and read revision notes on studied poets.