In order to ensure a caring and disciplined environment the following structures are in place.
- Class Directors
- Year Heads
- Deputy Principal
In addition, students are supported by:
- Chaplain: Maintains personal contact with individual students and their parents and organizes retreats and liturgies.
- Guidance Counsellor: Advises students on career choices and assists pupils in making educational, vocational and personal decisions. The Guidance Counselor also supports and helps pupils who are experiencing difficulty in their lives.
- Learning Support Teacher: Identifies pupils with special educational needs, assists the Principal with applications for resources, accommodations in State exams and the timetabling of additional support.
Further Supports Include:
- Mentors: Senior students who have been trained to assist first year pupils in their transition from primary to secondary school.
- Supervised Study: Is available to all students. It runs from Monday to Friday (inclusive) from 4:00pm to 6:00pm and 6:30pm to 8:30pm. (4 hours per evening)
- The Student Council: This gives students an opportunity to express themselves and communicate their concerns. The student Council is consulted in areas such as policy development.
- The School Journal: In addition to being used for recording homework it is a valuable means of communication between home and school. Parents/guardians sign the journal weekly and the class director countersigns it.
- The ‘Text a Parent’ Facility: This facility has greatly improved communication with parents/guardians. It is used in addition to letters, reports, newsletters, phone calls, parent teacher meetings and other meetings as required.